Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Missed It!

I missed it!
Darwin's Darling Effervescent Evolving
"house-wife-type"
you know,
(just popped out the second kid, "Betty Cock-Doo"
with high waist-ed jeans)
wobbling, stroller pushing... loitering preschool driveways,
Play pen - clucking away chicks
Lumped together "look-a-likes"
Herds that gather and graze
Constant Chomping...
chattering primate gibberish
steady petty picking, subjective essays.
A barn yard feast of vacant venting-
all about "room-mom" type stuff
(the trouble you Don't Have to Have)
amusement to pass the chicken scratching.

Watch closely now,
the still hunt,
they moo their heads...
browed with sheepish concern and calculated eggy comments,
flour and milk for that "friendship cake"
the one they bake and serve... each other.
The one they graze on.

As I pass...
Gander Goose stops dead in her tracks, with that puritan stare...
(the disguised stalk-walk, with ruffled feathers)
guarding her "goosey, cheesy, honky, hen-pecked fanny farm"

just to let you know,
I do like you in your Bermuda Shorts,
(even though I wouldn't wear them)
and after this poem purge,
I promise not to judge,
meanwhile,
you'll hover and loom--
watching and squawking me.



No comments:

Post a Comment